QUINTILLUS (M. Aurelius Claudius Quintillus)
- Quintillus was the younger brother of Claudius II.
- In August 270, Claudius died from plague and power passed to Quintillus, who became emperor in September 270.
- He had been left at Aquileia to defend northern Italy while Claudius was dealt with the Goths.
- His reign lasted a two months, at most, and perhaps as little as 17 days, for the Danube legions declared in favour of Aurelian, commander of the cavalry.
- Quintillus, called for a doctor to open his veins and he died, without having left Aquileia.