MARIUS (Marcus Aurelius Marius)
- Late in 268 Postumus was murdered by his own soldiers after his refusal to let them pillage Mainz after the defeat of the usurper, Laelianus.
- His successor, Marius is said to have been a blacksmith by trade, and a common soldier.
- Some sources say he ruled for just two days, but he probably lasted at least two or three months
- He was either strangled as a result of a private quarrel, or some sources say that he was killed with one of his own swords.
- Power then passed to Victorinus, a general under Postumus.