- Salonina was the wife of Gallienus and mother of Valerian II and Saloninus.
- She was made Augusta and 'Mater castrorum' (mother of the army) in 254 soon after her husband's appointment as Caesar, was probably murdered along with him in 268.
- Valerian II died in Illyricum in 255, probably from natural causes.
- Saloninus was murdered by the usurper Postumus at Colonia Agrippina in 260.
- When Gallienus and Salonina died, their youngest son Marinianus, only three years old, is believed to have been killed at Rome by order of the Senate.