- 1. Julia Cornelia Paula, daughter of Julius Paulus, the Praetorian Prefect.
- 2. Julia Aquilia Severa, daughter of Quintus Aquilius, twice Consul under Caracalla
- 3. Annia Faustina, daughter of Claudius Severus and Vibia Sabina (daughter of Marcus Aurelius and Faustina Junior)
- Soon after he arrived in Rome in 219 Elagabalus married Julia Cornelia Paula, a lady from a distinguished family.
- By the end of 220 he had divorced her and married Julia Aquilia Severa, a Vestal Virgin. This was in breach of Roman law and tradition, which held that any Vestal found guilty of sexual intercourse should be buried alive.
- Within a year Aquilia Severa had been abandoned and in July 221 he married Annia Faustina, a descendant of Marcus Aurelius.
- By the end of the year he had returned to Julia Aquilla Severa.