GETA (Publius Septimius Geta)
- Publius Septimius Geta was the younger son of Septimius Severus and Julia Domna, born 27th May 189 A.D.
- He was made Caesar in 198, at the same time as his brother, Caracalla was made Augustus.
- He accompanied his Father and Brother, Caracalla, on an expedition to England in 208.
- When his father, Septimius Severus, died in at York 211, Geta became joint emperor with his older brother, Caracalla.
- There had always been rivalry between Caracalla and Geta and one of them had to go. Both tried poison. Splitting the Empire in two was discussed.
- In late December in 211, Caracalla managed to find a moment when he was alone with his brother and mother and seized the opportunity to murder Geta. when they were both together with Julia Domna. Geta expired on his mother's breast.