- Germanicus was Born in AD 4 elder son of Nero Claudius Drusus and Antonia and straight away adopted by Tiberius.
- He marries Agrippina Senior, the daughter of Agrippa and Julia. They had nine children, one of whom was the future emperor, Caligula.
- He served in the Rhine army from 14 to 16 AD, leading campaigns into Germany in successive campaigns and recovering two of the three legionary standards lost by Varus in the Teutoburg forest.
- In 17 AD he became Tiberius's colleague as consul and hence his chosen successor.
- He visited the East but fell out with Gnaeus Piso, the new governor of Syria.
- He fell ill and died at Antioch on 10 October 19 AD. Piso was a suspect and was tried for murder and forced to commit suicide.